Kim and James left wintery Minnesota behind and jetted to Mexico for their wedding at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya. They were excited to have a break from an 8 month home renovation marathon and finally spend quality time with loved ones in Playa del Carmen. This was a wedding where friends were everything, taking care of getting the bride ready with her hair and makeup, officiating the ceremony and sharing their best marriage advice.
A little theme we always love to see at weddings are hand-written notes from guests. Scribbled on napkins or hotel stationary, these messages are rarely remembered, so we love to photograph these special words and include them in the story of the wedding day.
Kim and James personalized their wedding by asking guests to give them relationship advice on heart shaped notes hanging on their wedding wishing tree:
- Celebrate all of life’s victories, no matter how small, preferably with a high five!
- You don’t need any advice – you’re in love!
- Never stop holding hands.
- Take time each week to “check in” with each other, sit down – face to face.
- Every year on your anniversary watch your wedding highlight video & look at your photo album!
We loved reading all the pieces of heartfelt advice and well wishes from family and friends, especially the part about looking at your photos each year on your anniversary ;)
Principal photographer: Del Sol Associate
Venue: Riu Palace Riviera Maya wedding
Ceremony Location: Courtyard Gazebo
Wedding coordinator: Maria Fernanda Rossano